Everyone deserves to be in a healthy and happy relationship. There can be no healthy relationship without open and honest communication. This doesn’t mean that things are easy all the time, but it does mean that you feel emotionally and physically safe in your relationship and that it makes you feel happy and good about yourself. One important thing that many young people often forget is that it’s healthy to continue pursuing individual interests and go out with their own friends when they are in a romantically committed relationship.
A healthy relationship is characterized by:
- Seeing your partner as trustworthy
- Being supported by your partner
- Feeling physically and emotionally secure when you’re with them
- Having the ability to be completely honest with each other
- Frequently expressing appreciation for one another